This is not a very large quilt and if you really put your mind to it, I think you get it all put together and quilted in an evening (a long evening). The binding is handsewn, but other than that-- wham bam! This is for a family member and the colours were especially requested, though I'm not sure she's super into florals. I would say that I'm not especially into florals either, but some of these fall into my all-time favourites category so you can call me a liar. Florals are so tricky, don't you think? I get bored of them pretty quickly but I think they work en masse like this. The quilting is freehand and swoopy-- small swoops (or waves) are much easier to manage than larger swoops. Trust me. The back is pieced with a large piece of plum coloured cotton and a couple of the front fabrics.
Other Patchwork Things To Make or Buy:
- It is along the same lines as Erin's great quilt.
- What about a quilt or other sewing kit for a beginner sewer? Purl (as usual) has some great ideas.
- Which brings to mind Sharylin's beauty, that happens to be a free pattern. I can't tell you how much I love this.
- Rashida's book is out! Just in time for giving (also at Powell's.)
- And have you see the new quilt patterns from Denyse Schmidt? Next year, Peeps.