This dress is a no alteration, straight from the pattern, Rooibos dress from Colette Patterns. There is a lot to love about this pattern. The only change I would make for next time, would be to go down a size (there is more ease than stated, so take note and maybe make a muslin of the top) and raise up the armholes a 1/2" or so. The big news though, is that I learned how to attach the facing to both the wrong side of the neckline and sleeves via a rolling trick that I would have never ever figured out on my own-- and believe me, I have tried. I have also never met a pattern that was such a pleasure to hem. It was very strange. There was no bunching or strangeness at the bottom and I know this because I got impatient near the end and machine stitched instead of hand hemmed.
The first picture is evidence that it fits, but not a particularly good one. In a moment of extreme vanity I realized that I hate the way the front of my hair looks (or maybe just my face) and decided that while this photo highlighted both the side of my head and my double chin, it would have to do. More info and pics over at Bolt.
My sewing for that blog will mainly fall under the "Weekend Project" heading with pattern/book reviews thrown in. For instance: the no sew scarves, easy tablecloths, and my attempt at some quick St. Patrick's Day decor. My goal is to not slack off in this space, but rather to become a BLOGGING MACHINE. I know, you're so excited:
It appears that I need to make another hair appointment (or see about my face).